   order of xsl template match

  • From: Matrix 01 <thematrix01@email.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 18:49:44 -0500 (EST)

How can I make the output in the same order as the xml document?

Here is the XML:
<FORM>
<CHECKBOX LABLE="CHECKBOX1" NAME="checkbox" VALUE="radiobutton"/>
<TEXTBOX LABLE="NAME" SIZE="24" NAME="Name_Field"/>
<FORM>

Here is the XSL:
<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:apply-templates select="FORM/TEXTBOX"/>
<xsl:apply-templates select="FORM/CHECKBOX"/>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="FORM/TEXTBOX">
There is a TEXTBOX here
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="FORM/CHECKBOX">
There is a CHECKBOX here
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

The output for the example below would be:
"There is a TEXTBOX here"
"There is a CHECKBOX here"

But the xml document had the CHECKBOX first.

Please could you guide me on how to order the output in the order it is read
from the xml document.