   Re: transformations

  • From: Robin Berjon <robin@knowscape.com>
  • To: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@qub.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 02:45:20 +0100

At 15:51 19/11/2000 -0800, Paul Tchistopolskii wrote:
><q href =http://www.jclark.com/xml/xslt-talk.htm>

Talking about those slides, I have a (possibly naive) question. I've read
several times that XSLT is good only for transformations from more to less
structured. I might be missing something, but given that it is meant to
transform a tree is it possible that it be otherwise ? In other words, this
doesn't appear to be a valid _criticism_ of XSLT as it isn't meant to be
able to do more than at best reproduce the complexity of the source tree.

So, to rephrase, is this meant as a criticism -- in which case I have
missed something -- or is it a simple statement intended toward people who
hadn't noticed ?

-- robin b.
Being schizophrenic is better than living alone.