   RE: transformations

  • From: Chris Lovett <clovett@microsoft.com>
  • To: "'Steven E. Harris'" <steven.harris@tenzing.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 02:08:50 -0800

I agree a forward-only streamable subset of XSLT/XPath would be very useful.
Upon further investigation streaming-transformations may turn out to be a
completely different animal.  When you change some fundamental assumptions
(like random access in XPath selections) it is wise to revisit the entire
design.  I also like the idea of throwing in regular expressions while
you're at it.  (Hey, the Schema guys got away with it -
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#regexs :-)

Chris Lovett