   Re: DTD Problems: newlines, indent and PSGML

  • From: Stefan Kamphausen <kamphausen@novelscience.com>
  • To: Rob Lugt <roblugt@elcel.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:56:27 +0100

Hi Rob,

first of all thanks for the quick reply.
But then....

Rob Lugt writes:
 > Stefan Kamphausen wrote:-
 > >
 > > In my DTD I define an entity "Inline" that should be used wherever the
 > 'usual
 > > text' appears:
 > >
 > > <!ENTITY % text        "(tabelle | liste | bild | nsi |
 > >                         link | publikation)"                         >
 > > <!ENTITY % Inline      "(#PCDATA | %text; )"                         >
 > >
 > > Later this is used:
 > > <!ELEMENT  ainhalt      (%Inline;)*                          >
 > >
 > > But I can't use a multiline content within <ainhalt> .. </ainhalt>
 > > because PSGML doesn't indent this. Where's the error? I don't think
 > > it's with PSGML because with good DTD written by professionals it
 > > works just fine.
 >
 > I haven't used PSGML/Emacs, but I can see that your DTD is invalid.  The
 > Mixed Content model is defined as:-
 [snip]
 > This is not a legal, what you need is it to be resolved to this:-
 > <!ELEMENT ainhalt (#PCDATA | tabelle | liste | bild | nsi | link |
 > publikation)* >
 > So you need to adjust your parameter entities accordingly.

Even if I define
<!ELEMENT  ainhalt      (#PCDATA |  tabelle | liste | bild | nsi |
                        link | publikation)* >

indention still doesn't work.

Could someone point me to a working but _small_(!) DTD where I could
look things up. I tried the (X)HTML DTD's but they are far to large
and it would be nice (for you, too, 'cause I'll bother you less ;-) if
I had a small and correct DTD where I could find the correct
solutions.

Thanks in advance
Stefan Kamphausen

--
$dom = "skamphausen.de";   ##   May The Open Source Be With You!
$Mail = "mail@$dom;  $Url = "http://www.$dom";