   Re: XML Editor recommendation?

  • From: Dan Vint <dvint@slip.net>
  • To: lee.pollington@biomednet.com ("Pollington, Lee (ELSLON)")
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 07:35:10 -0800 (PST)

> Out of interest, is XMLSpy targeted at Editorial users or "Advanced" users?

You ask a good question, I beleive that there are at least 2 types of editors
on the market today. The Arbortext and SoftQuad products support a writers
view of the world - paragraphs, bullet lists, headings, etc. Most of the XML
editors other than these support what I call the Data side of the industry -
this is where I want to exrtact and use information from a Database, modify
it and repopulate the database. Here the information is fielded and record
based instead of being long text or mixed content of text and elements. XMLSpy
falls into this classification for me.

..dan