   RE: XML Schemas: Best Practices

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: "Hodder, Ed" <Ed.Hodder@Bowne.com>,"XML-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:46:03 -0600

That is part of the question but it leads
into an interesting discussion of context
and the scope of context.  Ask yourself
why transforms require a side-effect free
language?  Why can a rule or assertion
based validation such as Schematron do
more powerful validation than a regular
grammar such as a DTD?

The problem so far with "semantic" is the
lack of clarity about what "to do".  The
problem I have with Roger's assertion is
that in fact, data does not interoperate.

Len Bullard
Intergraph Public Safety
clbullar@ingr.com
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard