   RE: To DTD or to XML Schema? WAS: DTD or XML Schema editor recomm endati

  • From: Chris Lovett <clovett@microsoft.com>
  • To: 'Ed Staub' <estaub@kana.com>, "'MarkH@i2.co.uk'" <MarkH@i2.co.uk>,"'xml-dev@xml.org'" <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:37:46 -0800

Yes, Microsoft is totally committed to supporting the W3C XML Schema
language (XSD) and we are actively involved in the working group.

We have XSD schema designer support in the Visual Studio.NET Beta 1.
As well as support for SOAP based web services designed using an XSD schema.
See http://msdn.microsoft.com/net
We will also have full XSD validation support in the next release of the
.NET Frameworks.

Chris Lovett.