   XML TO PDF

  • From: Geeta Gudavalli <ggudavalli@McLeodUSA.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 10:46:22 -0600

I have two questions regarding transforming XML to PDF.
1.  I get data from db2 as xml format.  This file has different templates in it.
When I transform this to pdf, I am getting error at FOP rendering because the
xsl file does not just choose the template I specify.  It picks up all the data
from the file.  This causes fop to error out.  The e sample xml file is given
below.  Can someone help me figure out how to select only one template at a time
with out parsing the xml file to break it into different files.

(See attached file: out.xml)(See attached file: obf_dl_form.xsl)  In the xls
file, I need to select only "DL" but it brings the values of fields from DSR and
SA also.

2.  How can I run XALAN and FOP interactively from a web page rather than a
batch process?  I do not want to use cocoon?  Is there another way?  I am
thinking of using Class and method.invoke to invoke the commands.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Geeta

out.xml