   Re: XML TO PDF

  • From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@home.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 13:51:06 -0500

Geeta Gudavalli asked -

> I have two questions regarding transforming XML to PDF.
> 1.  I get data from db2 as xml format.  This file has different
templates in it.
> When I transform this to pdf, I am getting error at FOP rendering
because the
> xsl file does not just choose the template I specify.  It picks up all
the data
> from the file.  This causes fop to error out.  The e sample xml file
is given
> below.  Can someone help me figure out how to select only one template
at a time
> with out parsing the xml file to break it into different files.
>
> (See attached file: out.xml)(See attached file: obf_dl_form.xsl)  In
the xls
> file, I need to select only "DL" but it brings the values of fields
from DSR and
> SA also.

You don't have any template to match the root of the document, so the
processor applies its built-in templates.  You can avoid this by adding
another template like this one after the xsl:stylesheet element:

<xsl:template match='/OBFExtract'>
    <xsl:apply-templates select='DL'/>
</xsl:template>

Now the stylesheet acts as expected.