   CALL For Papers -- XML Europe 20001 --- Submit papers online at www.XMLE

  • From: "Elledge, Marion" <melledge@printing.org>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 08:45:46 -0500

XML Europe 2001 --- Berlin, Germany ---21-25 May 2001--- www.XMLEurope.com

Diverse...complex...business critical --

When is a technology more than a technology...when it is a business tool,
solving problems, day after day in mission critical applications. XML and
its satellite standards are being used today in a wide range of
applications, securing their places as fundamental building blocks of the
Web.

This year, XML Europe takes a concentrated look at the way XML is and will
be used within vertical and horizontal industry applications. A series of
tracks will focus on how vertical industries are using XML to conduct
business using the Web or corporate intranets. These uses range from
inter-process communication to eloquent schemas describing industry-centric
content. Industries include: Web portals, manufacturing, and commerce.

We'll also be addressing two prominent horizontal application areas for
using XML on the Web: eBusiness and knowledge management. Both of these are
used within and across many different industries, touching every
organization.

For our technical audience, fear not. We will complement our
application-focused agenda with a wide range of technical papers on the core
standards, their current status, and interesting new research.

Following a record breaking attendance of 1400 visitors last year in Paris,
we are pleased to be moving to the ICC in Berlin in May 2001. The last time
XML Europe was in Germany was in 1996. We've been away too long and look
forward to using this exciting venue next spring to bring emerging
information on a wide range of Internet standards and technologies to an
audience of both managers and technical staff. Coupled with two days of
extensive tutorials and a show floor with over 50 exhibitors, it is the only
comprehensive show of its kind in Europe.

Still trying to decide if you should go to XML Europe?

If you are responsible for any part of Internet- or Web-based applications,
and you use, plan to use, or want to know if you should use XML, mark your
calendar now! There will be content for:

* Portal providers
* Internet business development managers
* Internet application managers
* Webmasters
* Information and knowledge modelers; information architects
* Product managers
* Project managers
* Developers
* Technical architects
* Web designers
This year we are pleased to welcome our sponsors the World Wide Web
Consortium, OASIS and IDEAlliance. Together with them, we are planning an
exciting week designed to challenge, intrigue, and exhaust you with new
content on this fast-changing Web technology area.

Take advantage of our early bird discount to save $200 USD by registering
before 31 January 2001. This offer is valid only with registrations via this
event web site.

I look forward to seeing you in Berlin!