   SAX Comments

  • From: Rob Lugt <roblugt@elcel.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 21:38:46 +0000

The 1998 archives for this list include a discussion regarding a SAX
callback for XML comments:-

> Should SAX include an event for comments?
>
> public void comment (char ch[], int length);

The consensus was that SAX should not include them.  However, this decision
was taken long before the final call for the XML Canonicalization
recommendation - which includes support for comments.

As SAX stands it cannot be used to create a canonical XML document with
comments.  I feel this is a shortcoming that should be addressed.

Any thoughts?

Regards
Rob Lugt
ElCel Technology