   SAX2 Error Handling

  • From: "Scerri, Antony (ELSLON)" <antony.scerri@biomednet.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@lists.xml.org'" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 15:42:55 +0000

Hi

I am using a modified Aelfred SAX2 parser (provided as part of the
org.brownell.xml.aelfred2 Java package). I would like to know if any one can
tell me whether the ErrorHandler component of a SAX application will be
called when a SAXException is raised by you inside your ContentHandler. I
know if the SAX driver causes has a problem then the ErrorHandler is called
passing a SAXException. In the case of the ContentHandler throwing a
SAXException when using Aelfred2 the exception bubbles up back to my
application that launched the SAX Driver.

Tony

Antony Scerri ( antonys@biomednet.com )
Senior Web Developer
Elsevier Science London