   Re: The Mire 'twixt Documents And Data

  • From: Marcus Carr <mrc@allette.com.au>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:04:02 +1100

"Sean B. Palmer" wrote:

> Of course, people must first settle onto the act that docuents and data are
> inseperable, and that was the original purpose of the first message, and
> this one moves me onto the next level (and hence this question): is anyone
> developing an WYSIWYG annotation GUI?

You might be interested in PageSeeder (http://www.weborganic.com/) - it is
(among other things) an annotation tool that uses Topic Maps, XLink, and XSLT.
We have built commercial systems that integrate PageSeeder with eXcelon, so the
annotations are written back into the XML documents. Is that the sort of thing
you're looking for?

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au