   RE: Extreme Programming goes mainstream?

  • From: Didier PH Martin <martind@netfolder.com>
  • To: Sam Hunting <sam_hunting@yahoo.com>,Alistair MacDonald <AlistairMacDonald@economist.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:18:35 -0500

Hi Sam,

Alistair MacDonald said:
> Not sure how relevant the XP article is to XML the XML list

Sam said:
Just that several very experienced Markup Technologists, whose opinions
I have come to respect, use the XP method in their XML (and SGML) work.

Didier replies:
I agree with Sam. When you create a sophisticated XSLT style sheet you are
programming. At Talva we develop a lot of stylesheets and discovered that
using the extreme programming practice leads to better written stylesheets
and also that the knowledge is percolating more easily among the team
members, especially when the team has to master XSLT in addition to: WML,
VoiceXML, SVG, XHTML, SMIL.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin
Email: martind@netfolder.com