   Re: What is XP?

  • From: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
  • To: Sam Hunting <sam_hunting@yahoo.com>, Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>,xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:53:26 -0800

Sam,

The XP Dave is refering to is XML Protocol.

Dave,

Hugo Haas' e-mail[1] to xml-dist-app contains links to the current draft
requirements document. Given that the WG is currently at the 'requirements'
stage rather than the 'design' stage I don't think you'll see anything which
will tell you *exactly* how XP differs from SOAP or XML-RPC... And I don't
think we really know the answer right now.

Gudge

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2000Dec/0103.html