   [ANN] IdooXoap version 1.0

  • From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@idoox.com>
  • To: Idoox list <idoox@list.zvon.org>, soap-dev@xml.apache.org,xml-dev@lists.xml.org, SOAP@DISCUSS.DEVELOP.COM
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:29:16 +0100 (CET)

Hello all. 8-)

 We've added even more last things that were missing from IdooXoap for
Java and hereby we announce

			IdooXoap for Java version 1.0

 The major improvements since pre-betas include:
- WSDL support
- Arrays support
- SOAP Headers support
- Selective Java to WSDL compilation
- EJB support
- Improved interoperability

 For those who don't know: IdooXoap is an implementation of the SOAP
protocol. Using this package you can easily build clients that can
access services described by WSDL or SCL descriptions, you can also
build your own services.

 IdooXoap provides the tool for generating WSDL description from Java
classes (Java2WSDL compiler) and also the tool necessary for easy SOAP
development - ServiceCompiler. This one can create service stubs for
you and also generate a skeleton implementation of a service.

 The name comes from connecting Idoox and SOAP, where Idoox is the
name of our company. No, it doesn't mean anything in particular. 8-)

 See our releases page at http://www.zvon.org/index.php?nav_id=34 for
more information and downloads.

 So far only binary packages are provided, you can get the sources
from our daily CVS builds at http://www.zvon.org/index.php?nav_id=33
The source package will appear soon.

 The only known issue now is that our WSDL Parser only accepts the
newer XML Schema language. If this turns out to be a real problem we
will correct it.

 Our demo services now run again at
http://soap.idoox.net/servlet/soap/<name-of-demo>
so you can check our demos out very easily.

 Share and enjoy!

                            Jacek Kopecky
                               Idoox