   RE: RDF? TM? (was Re: Didier's lab report)

  • From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
  • To: martind@netfolder.com
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:33:39 -0500

Didier PH Martin wrote:

> Jonathan said:
> 	This is called a 'typedNode' and is part of RDF.
>
> Didier replies:
> Do you mean that if I include the typedNode attribute in the <netfolder>
> element, an RDF interpreter will know that this element is an RDF
> description? do I understand it well? so it would then be something like
>
> ....an xlink extended element....containing resources or locators....
> <resource xlink:href="http://www.talvastudio.com/mydoc.xml"
> 	    xlink:title="a title"
> 	    typedNode="FileFolder"
> 	    xlink:type="locator">
> 	..... Properties about the resource ......
> </resource>

	The term 'typedNode' is part of the formal grammar for RDF [production
6.13]. What this says is that

<rdf:RDF xmlns:oh="http://www.openhealth.org/types#"
<oh:person
	rdf:about="http://www.openhealth.org/people/1234">

	<oh:person.fullname>Jonathan A. Borden</oh:person.fullname>
	<oh:email>jonathan@openhealth.org</oh:email>

</oh:person>
</rdf:RDF>

is precisely equivalent to:

<rdf:RDF xmlns:oh="http://www.openhealth.org/types#"
<rdf:Description xmlns:oh="http://www.openhealth.org/types#"
	rdf:about="http://www.openhealth.org/people/1234">

	<rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.openhealth.org/types#person">
	<oh:person.fullname>Jonathan A. Borden</oh:person.fullname>
	<oh:email>jonathan@openhealth.org</oh:email>
</rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

Jonathan Borden