   Re: local, global (was various ontology, RDF, topic maps)

  • From: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>
  • To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:26:42 +0000

> > I'm sorry I missed the XML 2000 session because I'd like to learn
> > what the true ambition is, and the practical developments required
> > before it can be realized.
>
> Edd Dumbill has a good summary on XML.com:
> http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/12/xml2000/timbl.html

The problem with being so ill/poor/+ is that I can never get to any of
these decent SW presentations, and therefore rely upon things like Edd's
article. Seeing TimBL's slides are all well and good, but it's not as good
as *being there*. My question is, couldn't someone in the room tape these
presentation (possibly the hosts could do this), and then trancribe and
publish them later? We live in an Information age, and we're (well you lot)
are some of the key deveopers on the WWW ... why on earth can't we have
full Web coverage of important events such as presentations by TimBL?

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
http://www.mysterylights.com/sbp/
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ [ERT/GL/PF]
"Perhaps, but let's not get bogged down in semantics."
   - Homer J. Simpson, BABF07.