   RE: escaping characters

  • From: Mike Brown <mbrown@corp.webb.net>
  • To: 'James Gray' <james.gray@buildpoint.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:32:34 -0700

> My parser is choking on a document, which has a ':' in it.  Can I
> count out the problem being because of the ':'?

Colons can be special. If the parser is namespace aware (most are), ':' in
the name of an element follows a prefix that must be bound to a URI via an
xmlns:foo attribute on an ancestor-or-self element. Could that be your
problem? Perhaps put your XML at a URL somewhere and point us to it. What
exactly is the parser saying?