   RE: local, global (was various ontology, RDF, topic maps)

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>,"Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:36:56 -0600

That's a bit of a word game.  Such games are the
problem of ontologies.   A service can offer to
negotiate with an agent for a best price and
the service can provide a BAFO (Best and Final
Offer).  That is what "terms and conditions" means
and why you want the agent to negotiate on your
behalf.  Otherwise, catalog-based business is
about as good as B2C gets.  B2B is Ts&Cs.

They are not on the "same playing field".  We seldom are
in business this side of Burger King.

Write an ontology for buying a used car.  If you
can't "deal", you don't buy.

Len Bullard
Intergraph Public Safety
clbullar@ingr.com