   Re: Ontologies

  • From: Ronald Bourret <rpbourret@rpbourret.com>
  • To: "W. E. Perry" <wperry@fiduciary.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:15:26 -0800

Could you explain at a technical level what is happening? It sounds like
a node contains code to extract whatever it needs from the input, but
that this code must be written explicitly. That is:

   "The point is that in all these cases there is processing
    code--unique to each node--to be written, and nothing will
    magically obviate that chore."

Is this correct?

If so, why doesn't this contradict your earlier statement that:

   "It is just as futile to try solving this problem by creating
    a separate API for each class of node-to-node pair interactions."

since the node would need to contain different processing code for each
node from which it could possibly extract useful data to use as input?

-- Ron

--
Ronald Bourret
Programming, Writing, and Training