   ANNOUNCE: XML Spy 3.5 Beta 3 available for download

  • From: XML Spy <xml-dev@xmlspy.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:11:13 +0100

We are pleased to be able to announce the next step of the beta testing
phase for the upcoming XML Spy 3.5 version and would like to invite you to
participate in this effort.

Version 3.5 Beta 3 is the third public beta release for our upcoming XML Spy
3.5 product and includes several new features. Specifically this beta
release contains:

    + support for Microsoft Source-Safe and compatible repositories
(integrated within XML Spy project view)
    + new Scripting Environment and Form editor for creating custom XML
applications
    + improved COM-based API (more functionality and better conformance with
COM naming conventions)
    + lots of bug-fixes in the XML Schema design view and the XML Schema
aware validator
    + complete rewrite of the XML Schema generation functionality with many
enhancements
    + indentation with specific number of spaces instead of tabs (optional)

In addition, the following features have already been introduced in the Beta
1 and Beta 2 releases:

    + generation of complete XML Schema documentation in HTML and Microsoft
Word format
    + printing from the XML Schema design view
    + a graphical schema design view for editing XML Schemas with
unprecedented ease-of-use
    + support for the latest XML Schema Candidate Recommendation released by
the W3C on 10/24/2000
    + the ability to automatically convert schemas from the April 7 working
draft to Oct 24 CR
    + the ability to access files from a URL (http: or ftp:) using a
user-name and password
    + the ability to save files directly to an FTP server
    + a new COM-based API for integrating XML Spy into custom solutions
(Visual Basic sample included)

We are again anticipating a huge interest in this beta version and are
therefore providing this download on a dedicated server hosted with a
high-speed ISP. Nevertheless, if you are still experiencing problems with
downloading this beta version, we have to ask you for a little patience.
Please try again after a few hours or at night-time, when there are not as
many users accessing the Internet.

Please use this URL to download XML Spy 3.5 Beta 3 (file size is 8.5 MB):

    http://www.xmlspy.com/beta

We are now also offering a quick introduction to the new XML Schema Design
View online. If you are interested in working with XML Schema, please visit
this URL, which explains the new XML Schema related features in detail:

    http://www.xmlspy.com/features_schema35.html

Please note, that XML Spy 3.5 will be available in January 2001 for a retail
price of US$ 199.00 per user with volume discounts offered to site licenses
purchasers. Existing customers of the XML Spy 3.0 Premium product will be
able to upgrade to XML Spy 3.5 for FREE, so now is the best time to purchase
XML Spy and save big - please go directly to our online shop to order XML
Spy 3.0 now:

    http://www.xmlspy.com/order

Thank you for your interest in our product and for participating in our beta
program! We wish you a happy holiday season and all the best for the new
year.

Sincerely,

XML Spy Team