   Re: Success factors for the Web and Semantic Web

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: xml-dev <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:51:53 -0500

At 04:29 PM 12/21/00 -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
>Someone earlier (was it Len Bullard?) suggested creating a
>semantic Web mock-up representing the profiles, projects, ideas, etc.
>of XML-DEVvers.  I like the idea.  maybe I can even do some work to
>get something started...

I'd consider it, but probably only if I could automatically extract that
information from my existing site, which already maps most of my formal
expressions of such things.

If doing it required adding extra information to what my site already has,
I'd probably say what I believe most users would say: "uh, is this really
worth the trouble?"

And I'd be tough to convince.

Simon St.Laurent
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML