   RE: year

  • From: Wayne Steele <xmlmaster@hotmail.com>
  • To: mike@wyeast.net, elharo@metalab.unc.edu
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:45:44 -0800

When dating historical events, the Gregorian calendar is of limited use
unless it was the contemporary calendar at the time.

Notice that this applies even in the twentieth century, with 'old-style' vs
'new-style' dates for events in pre-bolshevik Russia.

I wonder if anyone knows of a good, serious methodology for representing
antiquarian dates?

-Wayne Steele