   Re: RDF vs. SOAP serialization (oh yeah, and XMI and XTM)

  • From: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>
  • To: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>,David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 23:46:32 +0000

> My idea is to build a small hypermedia framework.  There would be
> free-form data (POP XML), some with local schematics (namespaces),
> unadorned links (XLink), associations (Topic Maps), and a graph
> model to tie it together (RDF).

Sounds great! Note that if you are tying freeform data in with RDF (using
RDF integrated with XML), you might want to employ some of the screen
scraping things employed by DanC (most are linked to from
http://www.w3.org/2000/01/sw ), but the other way round, i.e. going from
machine readable SW data (RDF) into human readable WWW data (XHTML). This
will be a very interesting project to observe...

Happy holidays everyone,
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
http://infomesh.net/sbp/
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ [ERT/GL/PF]
"Perhaps, but let's not get bogged down in semantics."
   - Homer J. Simpson, BABF07.