   URI

  • From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@qub.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:53:43 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>

> At 04:16 PM 27/12/00 -0800, Paul Tchistopolskii wrote:
>
> >What particular place in that document answers to my question ?
> >
> >The only sentence which seems relevant is :
> >
> ><q>
> >[Definition:] The attribute's value, a URI reference
>
> That's all you need.  The term "URI reference" is clearly
> defined by the RFCs referenced in the document, and
> implies a set of syntax rules. -Tim

Right. It does. Let's replace http: with namespace: then
replace every '/' with '.' or do something else that will conform
to that paper ( I have no understanding why namespace
name should be conformant to URI, but ... oh... well...
I trust you: you say : "It should be URI, with scheme:
and other stuff for some holy reasons" - let it be. But
why it is *URL* ? )

Rgds.Paul.

PS. I think you'r joking on me.

So here is a document:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/

The term 'URI reference' is not defined in this document, but
the document reffers to RFC2396. There is no
hyperliks pointing to actual location of RFC2396.

I had to use Google to find this RFC.

Before W3C will build a Semantic Web - is there any chance
I can find core W3C documents not using Google ?