   SAX2 bugfix prerelease

  • From: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 15:53:21 -0500 (EST)

I have (finally) put together a SAX2 bugfix prerelease, which is
available at

  http://www.megginson.com/SAX/Java/sax2-r2pre.zip

Please take a couple of weeks to test this for bugs.  I plan to put
out the release proper some time in January, then to hand off SAX2.
Please note that this is *not* the time for new-feature requests,
interface changes, etc.

Here is a summary of major fixes:

- Added simple test program src/SAXTest.java

- Synchronized static methods in XMLReaderFactory for thread safety.

- Fixed bug in ParserAdapter that reported an incorrect error when an
attribute using a Namespace prefix appeared before the Namespace
declaration.

- Fixed bugs in AttributesImpl that caused infinite loops or prevented
removing attributes.

- Specified that InputSource.getSystemId should return null when no
system ID is available.

- Modified DefaultHandler.resolveEntity to throw IOException, as in
the interface specification.

- Added default constructors to SAXException,
SAXNotRecognizedException, and SAXNotSupportedException.

There is a complete ChangeLog in the distribution, for anyone
interested in the agonizing details.

All the best, and Happy New Year,

David

           http://www.megginson.com/