   Re: simple question on namespaces.

  • From: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>
  • To: ricko <ricko@geotempo.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 13:49:32 +0000

> I think the XML Schema for XML Schemas is available from using the
> Namespace URI http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema

I suppose the answer was in my question really...if the namespace has to be
self defining, then logically the XML Schema for XML Schema should be in
its namespace!

> (Except my IE5 barfs because of the slack #FIXED requirement.
> How can I fix this up? I have the most recent version of IE.)

When that happens, just view the source of the XML file you are looking at.
It's not as pretty, but...
If need be, repair the file, and save it locally.

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
http://infomesh.net/sbp/
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ [ERT/GL/PF]
"Perhaps, but let's not get bogged down in semantics."
   - Homer J. Simpson, BABF07.