   RE: simple question on namespaces. Last one.

  • From: Andrew Layman <andrewl@microsoft.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 11:25:27 -0800

Regarding the suggestion that a popular tool "X" could encourage a de facto
assumption about dereferencing a namespace URI to obtain a schema, I have
not offered an opinion on that, either on its possibility or desirability.
This issue was debated during the process led by Jon Bosak resulting in the
present specification.  I have confined my remarks, in the main, to
describing the actual specification, believing that a precondition of
accurate thinking about the specification is understanding of what it says
and does not say.