   Re: Begging the Question

  • From: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
  • To: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@qub.com>,Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>, Joe English <jenglish@flightlab.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 12:40:21 +0000

I was just replying to the question 'Really? Where?'

I was not making any statement about my own feelings on namespace names just
providing one *possible* location for answering the 'Really? Where?'
question. Having quickly read through the spec again it was the only area I
could see that *could* be the area of the spec to which Jonathan was
refering. Only Jonathan can provide the actual place in the spec he was
refering to. Please do not read more into my mail that it actually says.
Also please note the use of the weasel word 'maybe' :-)

For the record whenever I explain XML namespaces to people I repeatedly
state 'they don't necessarily refer to anything'. To be honest most people I
come into contact with seem to have far more trouble with the default
namespace decl than they do with the fact that namespaces names are URI
refs.

Gudge