   Re: Begging the Question

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 10:05:51 -0500

At 02:55 PM 12/30/00 +0000, Sean B. Palmer wrote:
>> The XML-URI discussions this summer
>
>And was the entire official action based on those discussions? Deprecation
>of relative URIs in namespaces? ;-)

Could you expand on that?  I'm not quite clear what you are asking.

My unofficial understanding of 'the official action' is that deprecation
proved to be the only solution which didn't involve hammering out what
namespace URIs might really mean, if anything, and that this conclusion by
exhaustion was reached in both the private and public discussions.

I'm not sure that's what you're after here, though.

Simon St.Laurent
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML