   Re: Thats me with my paranoya. Really - the last one. Re: BeggingtheQues

  • From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@qub.com>
  • To: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>, Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 13:56:35 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>

> At 10:32 AM 30/12/00 -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> >I'd like something a bit different (but with the same effect).  I agree
> >with Tim Bray that it would be nice to have only human-readable
> >descriptions at the resources resolved by the URI.
>
> Nope.  I want human-readable material *plus* links to related
> resources (schemas, etc), these links having associated metadata
> to facilitate automated processing. -Tim

This is also fine with me. In fact I'm fighting for just one more
sentence in the Namespaces Rec :

"Any usage of URI for gathering actual resources from the web
not blessed by yet-to-be-written W3C rec is a violation of
the W3C Namespace Recommendation" or something like that.

I'm not a lawyer.  I just don't like the 'neutral' wording of current
W3C spec.

Rgds.Paul.