   Re: What should a namespace URI point to?

  • From: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>
  • To: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org,Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 23:19:39 +0000

> <link type="RDFSchema" href="thisnamespaceuri.rdfs" />
> [...]
> <link xlink:arcrole="...RFDS URI" xlink:href="thisnamespaceuri.rdfs"/>

The best idea would be to combine the two. Note that we could use the head
profile attribute to set out a metadata scheme for the link types,
otherwise we would have to use <link rel="meta" title="RDF Schema" [...] />
Basically, we should end up with the following (which is solid XHTML m12n,
architecturally):-

<link rel="meta" title="RDF Schema" (or dc:title)
     type="application/rdf" xlink:arcrole="[RDFS URI]"
     href="myschema.rdf" xlink:href="myschema.rdf"
     xlink:type="simple" />

Unless we used a profile to simplify it, but I think that's pointless in
our case.

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
http://infomesh.net/sbp/
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ [ERT/GL/PF]
"Perhaps, but let's not get bogged down in semantics."
   - Homer J. Simpson, BABF07.