RE: XML versus Relational Database

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

> What do you think of this article?
>
> http://www.scottandrew.com/index.php/articles/dom_doit

Entertaining reading, as he's a very engaging writer.  You have to give
him points for his attempt to put on as brave a front as he can in the
face of the sorry state of Netscape 6, and to dismiss reports of the
crippling bugs as whining.  However, I find it difficult to imagine a
world in which even the most pure-minded "newthink" project could
succeed in a world completely isolated from what he derides as "Internet
I."  His implications to the contrary notwithstanding, Netscape 6 does
not handle properly pages which are correctly coded, and I'm not talking
about the beta version, but the 6.0 release.  Not that I wouldn't
welcome some stable competition for Internet Explorer, particularly if
it had complete DOM support, but it's more than a bit disingenuous to
feign surprise and shock that the developer community isn't rushing out
to create applications for Netscape 6.

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline@rksystems.com