RE: XML versus Relational Database

Hi Linda,

>Would anyone care to itemize the features they consider essential in a
>"decent" XML database?  I have my own, but I am hopelessly biased...

Sure, here are my favorites :
I like the dynamic typing and Data Guides as developed in Lore/Lorel.
I like the DTD/XSchema is database schema concept in several XML databases.
I like the X-Tension interfacing with dynamic data as in Tamino.
I like the ranking, workflow and powerful text retrieval in SIM-DMS.
I like the view concept as explored in Strudel.
I like the overall vision in Verso.

Jan

Disclaimer : my views are my own, not my employer's, unless proven
succesful.