RE: Open Source XML Editor

Hi,
Interesting article - I got OpenOffice a while ago, but hadn't got around to
looking at the XML.
I can see the use for knocking out presentable documents, maybe I'm missing
something, but it does seem rather a rather limited & hard-work approach :
type in your data, using formatting to differentiate between elements, run
it through a transform - ok so far. But then for every edit, you have to
return to the original source doc, save and transform it again. Also, it's a
one way process - unless you write a transform to convert other docs into
something OpenOffice understands. Hardly WYSIWYG, even if you do limit
yourself to defined styles. In the article you suggest things you can do
using OpenOffice and AxKit - I'm not familiar with AxKit but you mention
that it's a WYSIWYG XML editor, so surely if you have that, it defeats the
object of using OO? Why not just pick up a cheap purpose-built XML editor? -
e.g. I've seen good reports on the shareware XMLWriter (www.xmlwriter.net I
think).
Good article though, all the same ;-)

Cheers,