Is someone aware on a bug of Xalan-J 2.0 with the following axis ?

Hi,

I'm using the new Xalan-j 2.0 and have a problem with the "following" axis.
I did not find anything on it within the release notes.

I just try to get the ID of on "following" node, using the construct :
<xsl:value-of select="generate-id(./following::MYNODE[1])"/>

An before beginning to work (while parsing the stylesheet ?), Xalan answers :
XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
Programmer's
  assertion in getNextStepPos: unknown stepType: -2

So, I try a simplest construct, just for test :
<xsl:apply-templates select="./following::*"/>

And I have the same message. Is someone aware of the problem ?

Regards,

Pierre