RE: [ANN] W3C SOAP Digital Signature

 Hello all,

 I'm responding here to the announcement of "SOAP Security
Extensions: Digital Signature" W3C note.

 Great to see things are getting done, err, I mean specified. 8-)

 Just a little curious remark: why didn't they just add the
SOAP-ENV:actor and SOAP-ENV:mustUnderstand attributes to the
ds:Signature element?

 The SOAP-SEC namespace also introduces the SOAP-SEC:id attribute to
help applications recognize attributes of type ID, that's good, but I
think that such an attribute should be added to SOAP (and I hope it
will be in XP) so that we don't end up having every extension to
SOAP/XP carry their own ID attribute.

 Let's relieve the world of (IMHO) superfluous specs.

 Best regards

                            Jacek Kopecky
                               Idoox