Object Role Modelling (ORM) or UML or ?? for designing Schemas

Hello,

I would like to hear, which modelling languages and/or methods you use when
developing Schemas.
In an article "Object Role Modelling and XML-Schema" was written that the
data modeling support is richer than other notations, i.e. UML.
My first thought is, that it has more advantages to stick to a widely used
modelling language like UML particularly as the ORM-Diagram is quite
confusing when complex relations are expressed.

But the approaches of UDDI and the Specification from Rational seems to be
different.
For example, elements of one complexTpye are displayed in Rational
specification as role-names and  in UDDI they are either attributes
(simple) or other classes which are
linked with an association.

I would be glad, to hear from best practices, experiences and maybe other
ressources about this topic.
Thank you!!

Mit freundlichen Grussen von
Inga Eckermann
ProFI Consult Gesellschaft fur Unternehmensberatung mbH
-Anwendungsmanagement-
Rendsburger Str. 34 * 30659 Hannover
Tel.: 0511-9020-308
mailto:inga.eckermann@profi-consult.de