Re: Abbreviated Tag Names (ASN.1)

Olivier Dubuisson asked -

> Do you have applications in mind? I'm eager to know!

 Yes, the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) ATIS (Advanced Traveller
Information Systems) message set, which is specified in asn.1.  We (Mitretek
Systems) developed an xml mapping using DTDs. Of course, you can't do a
thorough mapping using DTDs alone.  Now we are being asked to move to
XML-schema (since it's probably fairly stable at this point).  So if your work
is in a usable state, it would be very useful.  We do not have to be
binary-compatible with any other encoding, but we want a good mapping to xml.

Regards,

Tom Passin