Cross Posting to XML Query Comments (was Re: XQuery's FLWR expressionvs. XSLT down-reference pull)

Evan,

PLEASE do not cross-post your XML-Dev messages to the XML Query Comments
list. The XML Query Comments list is for submitting comments and for the
Query Working Group provide official feedback. I have recently made the
mistake of posting several replies to messages in the Comments list, but I
should not do that, since people might interpret my responses as responses
from the Query Working Group, and that requires going through the process
of reaching consensus on the appropriate response, appointing someone to
write the response, and approving it.

I just repeated my prior mistake because I responded to an XML-DEV message
without noticing that it was cross-posted to w3c-xml-query-comments. If
XML-DEV discussions get cross posted to this list, we won't be able to use
it for its intended purpose, which the XML Query home page identifies as
follows (http://www.w3.org/XML/Query.html):

www-xml-query-comments@w3.org
The public mailing list for submitting comments on the publications of the
XML Query wg. This is not a discussion list (so, you can't subscribe), but
a way for people to provide their comments to the XML Query wg, and for the
wg to reply. The list is publicly archived at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-query-comments/.

Both bandwidth considerations and the need to avoid making my own opinions
look like Working Group communication dictate that we not copy our XML-DEV
discussions to the comments list.

Let me be clear, this message is not official communication from the XML
Query Working Group, and none of my responses to XML-Dev questions
represent anything other than my personal opinion. You can get replies from
the Working Group by posting messages to the comments list - but please
separate that from XML-Dev discussions.

Jonathan

These are my opinions right now. They may be quite different from the
opinions of Software AG, the W3C XML Query Working Group, or the opinions
that I will have after reading and considering your response.