RE: The relentless march of abstraction

Dave,

Irritation to some people is good back scratch to others.
Scratch on, I say.  It feels good when you hit the right
spot.

I think infoset spec confuses people because there is no
obvious use for it, like the way a history major would feel
in a linear algebra class.  IMHO, 99% of XML users will find
no use for it.  I found "Appendix D: What is not in the
Information Set" useful as a list of what not to depend on
when designing systems, but rest is just elevator music to me.

[ Elevator bell sound ]

See ya around, bud.

[ Don falls into the elevator shaft and screams on the way down ]
[ Door closes with squeaky snicker ]

Produced and Directed by Don Park StudI/O