Re: more grist

Jonathan Borden wrote:

> As Henry Thompson recently told us in London, the important information that
> the post schema validation infoset adds to the post parse (or pre schema
> validation) infoset is types. Think of schema validation then as simply an
> XSLT which when applied to the infoset, adds types and tags indicating
> validity. It's really surprisingly simple.

I am sorry I have missed this and I wish XSLT could be used to do this
;=).

I have no problem with this picture as long as:

a) the mechanism that is used doesn't add constraints to the structures
I can define and allows me to describe the data types I need.

or

b) The system is kept open and I have alternative choices to do so.

In other words, I find it very difficult to admit that a specification
can restrict the scope of possibilities opened by XML.

Eric
--
See you in Austin (Knowledge Technologies 2001)
              http://www.gca.org/attend/2001_conferences/kt_2001/mon.htm