Re: [xsl] ANNOUNCE: Petition to withdraw xsl:script from XSLT 1.1

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Steve Muench wrote:
> This reponse contains your own personal inferences
> and conclusions that have no direct bearing on what the
> XSLT 1.1 WD says. My comments were that the mechanism
> is designed to allow any language. Anyone reading
> the spec can verify the two points that I made.

The XSLT 1.1 WD xsl:script construct allows specific
ECMA Script code and specific references to specific
Java package names as a method to name extension functions.
The xsl:script construct makes no attempt to handle
multiple language bindings for the same functionality.

Clark