RE: [xsl] ANNOUNCE: Petition to withdraw xsl:script from XSLT 1.1

While I understand the arguments behind the petition, I am of
the opinion that removing xsl:script will cause more harm than
good because those who want to add them (i.e. Microsoft) will
just do it, and developers in need of such feature will not
be deterred by its non-standard nature.  As majority of XSLT
is currently used on the server-side, demand for performance
and flexibility will triumph over flag waving.

I would much rather see xsl:script be limited to ECMAScript
which is already being used in DHTML.

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse