"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" wrote:
> We are not forking.  We are on the
> road we've been in for a long long
> time.  We are a lot closer to some
> goals, and others will always move
> as soon as we get to the others.
> That is why they pay us the big bucks.

I am not so sure.

In the process of enlarging the circle, if we keep all tight together
there is a risk to fork.

On the other hand, if the pieces are kept separated into relatively
independent modules, people will be able to take those that they need
and we have a chance to avoid a split and to keep a core.

In other words, I think that the centrifugal strength may become strong
enough that if we'd better define where the pieces can be separated for
otherwise the whole stuff might explode !

The system is becoming heavier every day and people need to be able to
choose which pieces they need and want.

See you in Austin (Knowledge Technologies 2001)