From: Allen Chang [mailto:achang@electroneconomy.com]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 2:33 PM
To: Wedinger, Keith
Subject: RE: To Buy, or to Build? That is the q...

Thanks a lot, Keith!

I bought a book and I know that the operations I mentioned in the previous email can be done, but the latest question is, if I have

<Node Id="2001" Name="Statement1">
  <Input>
     <Parameter Key="Line 1" Value="use #2002# here" />
  </Input>
  </Node>
<<Node Id="2002" Name="Statement2">
  <Input>
     <Parameter Key="Line 1" Value="a" />
  </Input>
</Node>

and I want to go through my entire xml and find all the references of #{Id}#, and then find the Node with that id, and replace the references with the name of the found node, so that for example,  the third line would become

       <Parameter Key="Line 1" Value="use Statement2 here" />

Can I do that with XSLT? and if yes, I assume I'll need "xsl:choose" or "xsl:if" with a lower level template?

Thanks a meg!

-Allen