Re: fixed attributes in Schemas

Larry,

I have been reading back through XML-Dev for the week (yikes!) and hadn't
noticed an answer to your questions--

> I am parsing with SAXParser from apache xerces-1-2-3, which is supposed to
> support fixed and default attributes.

1) Why not 1.3.0?

2) Are you sure about this?  Maybe someone from the list can confirm, but
from what I saw the implementation for fixed and default is explicitly *not
supported*  [1].  Quickly glancing at (just that part of) your schema it
seems as though you are doing it right-- the support just isn't quite there
yet.

[1] http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/schema.html

Good Luck,
Jeff Rafter