Re: XML does not work with Netscape

S. Jyotinarayan wrote:
> I have my XML file. I have used XSL for formatting. When I open the XML
> file in Internet Explorer, it works fine. But it does not work with
> Netscape (I've tried with Netscape 4.5 & 4.7). How could I make this
> application browser independent.

No version of Netscape supports XML and XSLT. If you want to use XSLT to
produce HTML and have it work on different browsers, you'll have to do the
transformation on the server and just send the finished HTML to the
browser.

Also note that the processing instruction with target 'xml-stylesheet' is
W3C-recommended, but the actual instruction

   'type="text/xsl" href="whatever"'

is IE/MSXML specific. If Netscape ever does support XSLT, it is under no
obligation to support IE's instructions.

   - Mike
Mike J. Brown, software engineer at            My XML/XSL resources:
webb.net in Denver, Colorado, USA              http://skew.org/xml/