Re: Alternatives to XML Schemas

Michael Brennan wrote:

> Unfortunately, there are many implementors who will heed your advice. I have
> so far identified only a few implementations of XML Schema. Each is focused
> on one very narrow use case (typically validation) and each supports only a
> subset of the spec. Will this situation get better or worse? I hope it gets
> better, but I'm not sure.

So, are you saying that validation is just a very narrow use case of XML Schema?
I was under the impression that this was the major use case for them. I
understand that you can do other things but I wouldn't say that validation is a
very narrow use case. However, I'd love to hear more information about what
other use cases you have in mind.

Cheers,
/Eddie